Sony 'actively thinking about' charging for PSN

Status
Not open for further replies.
=|
better stop arguing about graphics before thread gets locked
if that happens, James is going to kick all of our ***es :tongue:

Haha.

Back on topic though, how many people here have PS3 and would find this a pretty messed up thing to get jumped on with? I know I would be ticked off, I didn't sign up for that crap. I understand things change, but if one of the main selling points to me was free online play and now all of a sudden I have to pay for it...pfft.

people we can argue that free online isn't a selling point..but it's probably one of the most common reasons I've heard for buying it over an xbox "who wants to pay for online when you can get it for free"

I think in order for them to charge they should make more games multiplayer ready. Last time I really cared about it socom was about the only game with MP for ps2...and then like what for ps3? gears, mw2, msg4, and MAG(which looks like it'd be amazing)? I can't even think of more than 5 games that have online for it :| On the other hand, most xbox games have had it since well...the xbox. And most of the time the only games that didn't have it were the cartoony action/adventure games but those are fun to play without MP so that kinda cancels out that negative

so in the end...if they release a lot more games with good MP and if it's the same price or cheaper than XBL I wouldn't be so upset about it if I owned a ps3

They release a LOT more games than just those dude...you can't really say that you don't think that PS3 supports more than a few games for MP when you don't even know what you're talking about.

They release a LOT more games than just those dude...you can't really say that you don't think that PS3 supports more than a few games for MP when you don't even know what you're talking about.

Well those seem to be the most popular..or at least the ones people even mention. I've never seen anyone talk about games besides those :|

COD4 and 5. Army of Two when it came out. All of the sports games like Madden, NBA2kwhatever, Fight Night, NFS series, Guitar Hero series, those are a few that I can recall, but I stopped playing new PS3 games about a year or more ago so I am missing a ton. XBOX is better for gaming online, but PSN is still pretty great and with more features they add the better it will become, same with XBL of course too.

ive heard that a couple times; that psn is supposedly not as good as xbl. i still have yet to play on a ps3 but sometimes i still wonder how is xbl better, like i dont understand what is suppose to make it better.

i also am not trying to argue, just that ive heard/read that a few times and idk what its suppose to mean.

COD4 and 5. Army of Two when it came out. All of the sports games like Madden, NBA2kwhatever, Fight Night, NFS series, Guitar Hero series, those are a few that I can recall, but I stopped playing new PS3 games about a year or more ago so I am missing a ton. XBOX is better for gaming online, but PSN is still pretty great and with more features they add the better it will become, same with XBL of course too.

well well well i guess i was just proven wrong lol

point number 2 still stands. as long as it's <=xbl I wouldn't be too upset about it.

Hehe i was wrong. Maybe I was thinking about the CPU or maybe i was just blowing smoke, i don't recall :)

I'm not a fanboy of PS3 by any means, in fact i was really close to purchasing an xbox instead of my ps3.

I bought my PS3 for the fact that it has a blu-ray player (the best one in fact), it can fold and it has an awesome movie rental service.

Games on it are just a plus, since im a pc gamer.

The online gaming wouldint bother me, but i see how it would for others.

As a primary pc gamer, I wouldn't want to have to pay for the online if I'm just going to utilize it every once and awhile. I wouldn't like not having the online either. This would be a very bad move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom