Rumor: PlayStation Loses Metal Gear Solid Exclusivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEnd187

Banned
It's rumored that Metal Gear Solid will no longer be a PlayStation exclusive, and that the fourth edition of the game will make its debut on the Xbox 360.

At source at Konami said "Yes, in fact, we are working on putting Metal Gear Solid 4 on the Xbox 360 and PC, which should both come out roughly 6 months after the PS3 release. However, we've been working with Microsoft so the 360 and PC versions will both take advantage of Xbox Live and Games for Windows Live, with such features as achievements and the ability for 360 and PC owners to play against each other in multiplayer.

I'd love to give you some more details, but this is already pushing it. We are making the big announcement July 11th at this year's E3, so you'll just have to wait until then. Sorry!"

just a snip i picked up from ps3.net
This is some big *** BS i hate the **** Bill Gates Foundation

A) This is an old rumor.
B) That specific peice of news came out over April Fool's weekend.
C) If you read the whole article, it mentions PC multiplayer with 360 -- which is very doubtful.
D) There would be a big space problem considering it would need to be made on DVD's.
E) I hope it does happen.

I dont think space would really be a problem. Look at Oblivion, only used half of a DVD, I believe. I also hope this happens as well.

also, the comment about PC/360 multiplayer, dont count that out yet because that IS in the works. Not sure about this game, but with Vista, there is in the works a cross pc/360 platform coming out sometime to allow this. Not sure on other o/s but doubt it.

Space is a problem considerin Kojima is pushing to get this game on a 50 GB blu ray disc. Yesterday, Kojima stated that this game is specifically made for the PS3 and mentioned that the rumors keep surfacing because "xbox 360 fans want the game".

However, CEO's are supposedly the ones who let this slip, and ultimately what they say goes. Since the install base is questionable, I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised if they did want to multiplatform it. Also, as far as the size much of the blueray contains is uncompressed data for faster streaming, and since they dont use special hardward codex (360 has some strange hardware to allow VERY compressed vid/cutscenes) that wastes much space. Yeah, it'll save on data transfer times, but it also take ALOT of space.

agreed, they should just all unite in making consoles, PCs too because then there would be no competition and everyone would be much happier as they wouldnt be arguing.

I'm all for anti-exclusivity, however no competition = monopoly. With Nvidia and AMD being competitors prices will be driven down and more products will be released.

What if all new consoles cost 600 bucks? That would _____ (insert word that rhymes with miss) me off because I believe anything over 3 or 4 hundred dollars is too expensive, regardless of the bells and whistles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom