Router issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3dimindtr1cks

In Runtime
Hey I was just wondering if there is any wrong doing in having my modem plugged directly into the wall and having that run to my router with NO pc involved. The reason I ask is because I was trying to play SOCOM 2 on ps2 yesterday and I kept lagging out constantly until I put the modem directly to SOCOM. Am I right in saying that you do not need a PC involved to have a router setup. All I want is the modem into the wall with a ethernet chord going to the router and then the router goes to my Ps2. This way I have my desktop and laptop wireless enabled and it works fine for my PC's but my ps2 seems to give me many problems when i try to play online. Also both my PC's were off when I was getting booted from the game like every time I joined a room. Thanks a lot everyone. I used to have the bigger silver Netgear wireless router and everything worked fine. But this tiny white B and G Netgear one is being a pain. Another funny thing is that my 360 was fine I played madden 06 online no sweat with no lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom