PSP Screen Issues

GTAFan4ever

Solid State Member
In 2007 I bought a PSP 2000 but now that its been almost 6 years since I bought it I'm having screen issues. Last spring I noticed I had thin and unclear bars going down my screen. Then by summer my screen started flashing black. I had to keep my charger plugged in and the brightness all the way up to even get 5 minutes out of it and after that I'd have to shut the screen off for a few seconds once it begun to flash so I could continue. I was stuck playing no games because of this and I was left with the internet and thats about all i could do with it.

Does anyone have any idea what this problem might be? I'm considering buying a new screen would that be the fix?

Edit: What parts do I need? backlight, screen or...?

Last edited:
Dead pixels and dead screen. Sorry brutha. I highly recommend a vita.

its true put that trusty steed in its deathbed and treat yourself to a vita

You won't be sorry if you get a vita though.

I don't want a vita right now. I need to get another ps3 because I'm tired of sharing mine. I just want to know what I need to have this fixed without sending it to Sony.

It would probably be cheaper to just outright buy another psp on craigslist if you have a large collection of UMD games. You could also use this...
Amazon.com: Sony Computer Entertainment PSP-2000 AV Cable: Video Games

It'll output to your tv.

I have a TV cable for it so that's what I'll be using until I get the needed parts. From what I've seen screens are $15 to $20 on eBay or Amazon. My umd drive works when it wants to also and I traded all of the games in but I have movies and games that I bought off the PS Store on my memory cards.

I see PSP's on CL all the time for around $40. If your screen and your UMD drive are shot then I'd just go that route. Once you pay to have the screen shipped + all the labor to replace it you'd just be better off. You could do even better at a garage sale.

Back
Top Bottom