PSN Helps Cops Find Stolen PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
PSN Helps Cops Find Stolen PS3

I had no idea that the PlayStation Network gave out IP info to authorities in situations like this. On one hand, it helped recover the stolen merchandise, that part was cool. On the other hand, the idea that the PSN handed over the IP info so they could obtain a warrant from dude's ISP is a bit disconcerting.

Police appeared on Waller's door after the purchase, and they inquired as to how he had come across the system. According to the Salisbury Post, the police were able to track the system whenever Waller turned on his system. The original owner of the PS3's PSN ID was still stored on the system, and it was set to auto-login when the system turned on. By tracking Waller's IP address, they were able to find him.

Holy ****...

Well, Thats both good and bad at the same time... I'm sure that PSN doesn't give it out to anyone who asks though so I guess it isn't that bad that they gave it to authorities.

haha, time to steal ps3 and give them away to someone we hate. lmao

just kidding...

What about if you take the PS3 to like a friend's house.. are they going to bust at their place? ... not good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom