PS3 Support Direct X 10 Games ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, as far as I understand open GL2.0 uses basic open GL that is intergrated into the core with the addition of primitive programming for shaders and blooms. Here is a little tid bit:

Well, it'll be some 2.x that will get it. The core of 2.0 will basically be DX9. It'll be the first OpenGL spec to require programmable fragment and vertex pipelines. I suspect that further versions after 2.0 will make other parts of the API programmable, such as primative processing (something supposedly to be in DX Next), as well as providing more shader models.

EDIT: The reason why it may be 2 years is that it'll take that long for the ARB to settle on a spec. ATI and NVidia are sure to have their own extensions implementing the new functionality that will be available in DX Next, but there's no telling as to how those extensions will differ.

With later additions of open GL 2.1 and so on other models and tools will be available and eventually DX10 will be incorporated. Not sure if this means GL is better or the lesser of DX10, but the actual pics that I've seen so far show that it is a toss up with both on equal footing, however DX looks to be one up when coming to shading, bloom effects and vertex.

As far as I can tell, open GL now has a high level language to program vertex and fragment shaders, compiled at runtime by the driver itself. It'l take a while to digest this info, though. What you have listed here is GL2.1, which will take advantage of more available tools and will more than likely incorporate some of the DX advantages.

Found a website that contains alot of info about GL. Here ya go:

OpenGL ES

Should of thought about this before considering khronos group and ARB.

Crysis_Boxart_Final.jpg

that is the PC case, so unless the PS3 is getting different cover to PC it aint happening... that and also the cover for that pic of the alleged "PS3 game" looks pretty **** simple, lol, very photoshoppable.

There's my 2 cents, shock surprise no flaming of PS3 TheEnd! Look at that, just like I said earlier in the thread, consoles shouldn't get this game, including 360, cause no DX10 would be lame for this game imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom