PS3 Slim and Price-drop Official!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They must not be at Walmarts yet, then. I haven't been to any Best Buy's lately. Oh well. Personally I think the Slim looks uglier from every angle but the front, but with it sitting horizontal now, it should be no problem :)

I think it looks uglier from every angle including the front. I like the idea of push buttons more than the touch (it was dust the ps3 while it was on because of this), but the way the touch button looks make me further question the design department at Sony.

Just because your definition of a gamer implies that one must have the latest and greatest graphical hardware does not mean that's what a real gamer cares about. If these new machines actually had original, good games you might have an argument, but it is not the case. Most people who actually have a life or a job haven't had the chance yet to play all the masterpieces the PS2 has to offer.

My definition of a gamer: Someone who games 10-15+ hours a week total. There are 169 hours in a week, so this amount definitely is not defined as no life. I can't picture anyone who is limited to a ps2 gaming this much. Even on ps3, I do not get near this much. 2-3 hours maybe, usually not even that. And btw, latest and greatest hardware is no where in my definition at all. I considered my self a gamer half a year ago when i was on a pD, 6800, and 1 gig of ram.

The slim is smaller then the normal PS3....

Wasted $50, where did you get $50? For $20 bucks I got a better looking PS3, more HDD space and a cooler running PS3. Oh and a dual shock controller too. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

A $30 giftcard is $30. You could have used it to buy something you wanted later down the road that you didn't already have, so you are going to spend an extra $30 sometime in the future that you wouldn't have had to. You definitely paid $50. Where did you get $20? Whatever, its your money. I'm not telling you how to spend it. I'm telling you what I think of your purchasing decisions.

A $30 giftcard is $30. You could have used it to buy something you wanted later down the road that you didn't already have, so you are going to spend an extra $30 sometime in the future that you wouldn't have had to. You definitely paid $50. Where did you get $20? Whatever, its your money. I'm not telling you how to spend it. I'm telling you what I think of your purchasing decisions.

LOL well good to know you care about how I spend my money. I'll be sure to hit you up next time I get a gift card or want to purchase a console. :rolleyes:

And no I did not spend/pay $50. That gift card is FREE money. My bank account lost $20 not $50 no matter how you want to argue your invalid point. Nice try though.

LOL well good to know you care about how I spend my money. I'll be sure to hit you up next time I get a gift card or want to purchase a console. :rolleyes:

And no I did not spend/pay $50. That gift card is FREE money. My bank account lost $20 not $50 no matter how you want to argue your invalid point. Nice try though.

Don't mind him, apparently someone who just loves video games doesn't quality as a gamer to him.

No matter how YOU look at it it is $50. You spent $20, and you're going to spend $30 in the future that you wouldn't have had to. A gift card is not free money. It is worth, in cash, the exact amount it is for. The only difference between real money and a giftcard is that a giftcard can only be SPENT in one place. Invalid point, LOL! And yeah, I'd be happy to help you out with your purchasing decisions :D. I'm sure you're fine financially, but you'd be even better off if you changed the way you viewed spending money.

Don't mind him, apparently someone who just loves video games doesn't quality as a gamer to him.

You can play games and not be a gamer. I think most people use that term for people who are more than casual. Obviously ^ there are some that apply that term to anyone who ever plays a video game. If you want to, you can do that. There is nothing wrong with that, but I believe the majority interprets the word gamer differently.

And yeah, sorry if either of you guys are taking offense. I don't mean to cause you any :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom