PS3 Slim and Price-drop Official!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may pick up one of these now that I don't have to spend so much to get one.

Anyone know if they come with a game?

will the slim have backwards compatibility? i might pick one up to now ive wanted blue ray for a long time.

No backwards compatibility.

However, it is widely known on a hardware basis the PS3 and PS3 Slim are capable of backwards compatibility, it is up to Sony to support it in a Firmware update. It may arrive somewhere along the line.

Wait a day or two, PS3 Slim + Game packages will come available for Pre-order.

I already put my PS3 up on eBay so I can get this new one. I got my first one for a steal of $280 bucks. 80Gb HDD one. This new one looks much better and the matte finish will look good next to my 360 elite. I always hated that shiny look the PS3 had. Looked cheap.

Used 80gb ps3s are still going for high $200 range, some even $300 on eBay with a couple games bundle. I'll be happy to get $250 for it and only fork out $50 more for a brand new one.

I already put my PS3 up on eBay so I can get this new one. I got my first one for a steal of $280 bucks. 80Gb HDD one. This new one looks much better and the matte finish will look good next to my 360 elite. I always hated that shiny look the PS3 had. Looked cheap.

Yeah I like the new look for it too. I like shiny things but I don't like fingerprints. When I played one of my friends PS3's at his house he hated the fact that it looked scratched and had fingerprints on it. I like the new buttons on it a lot, I hope they took out the loud high pitched beep the current one has. Nothing worse then turning on a PS3 at 3AM with a friend over and waking up everyone... I wonder how it will look next to my 360.

EDIT: PS3 Slim is on the egg Newegg.com - Playstation 3 Slim 120GB System - PS3 Systems you cant buy it though.

I think they both look nice, i like the matte finish on the PS3 Slim, it just looks a tad square to me. However i would still have it in preference over my 80Gb, because it's smaller, doesn't attract finger prints, bigger HDD, Improved Cell Processor at 45nm instead of the 80gb's 65nm,and it uses less power.

I think this is the best decision Sony made about the PS3. They are getting there game together now, prior to this it always seemed a lacklustre effort in making the PS3 successful. But now the PS3 has a good price, a new and improved slimmer model, a extremely accurate motion controller coming up (if the sub-pixel tracking is to be believed), the best game lineup of any console ever in my opinion. GT5, GoW3, Uncharted 2, ModNation Racers, MAG + loads of amazing multiplatform games, a new and improved PSN. I think they may actually see the PS3 doing much better now than it has before this. It deserves it too, the PS3 has always had so much untapped potential!

When is this improved PSN thing happening? And so what with the improved cell processor? It can't be that much better and game developers are limited by the old one anyway.

When is this improved PSN thing happening? And so what with the improved cell processor? It can't be that much better and game developers are limited by the old one anyway.

It's just going from 65NM to 45NM. They won't run any faster but they will put off less heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom