PS3 Slim Eats Half the Electricity of the PS3 Fat

Status
Not open for further replies.
with the price drop to 299 its arguably the best buy you can make if you are looking for a blue ray and game console. a cheap blueray is still about 250$ the ps3 is 299 that 49$ more and its a gaming system aswell as probably a much better blueray player then what you would get for 250$.

Well i have to agree with carnage as the Blu-Ray is a big selling feature for me.

If they made ps3's without the blu-ray they would still probably cost around the $200 mark and a decent blu-ray player here costs $200 + so at the new price for the ps3 its a win win ;)

IMO, if PS3's weren't BD compatible, we'd be using HD-DVD's. I think Sony was the biggest reason why BD beat out HD-DVD's.

I don't get it... are they comparing the PS3 slim with the original Launch Xbox 360? The latest 360 has a 150W PSU, and the max power usage is probably less than that. Add on that if you install a game to the hard drive, that's less power used because there is no DVD drive to spin. I still don't think these numbers are right, though.... How could a 150W 360 use more power when gaming than a 250W PS3?

No clue, I also question the results of some tests... Biased maybe?

Either way, PS3, only reason it got out the way it did, is because of Blu-Ray, and the firmware is upgradable when it comes to Blu-Ray, the other players, that are standalone, aren't capable of getting the upgraded firmware from Sony, AFAIK.

Take the blu-ray function away, and PS3 sells will drop, and I can find Blu-Ray players for cheap, sometimes $100, and have found a few deals on internal Blu-Ray drives for my pc at $50, so, if you know what your looking for, and get lucky, you can find really good cheap Blu-Ray players.

Thanks for the input on that.

I've been thinking about buying a PS3 because I thought the Slims look nice.

I just don't have time for video games any more :/

Thanks for the input on that.

I've been thinking about buying a PS3 because I thought the Slims look nice.

I just don't have time for video games any more :/

eeew nice? the old ones look nice 9 i have one ) the slim looks like those dvd players you use to be able to buy from 711 for like $49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom