PS3 price cut working already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
why? because of the performance.same thing as someone buying a qx6850 from newegg, the performance is great, way higher burst read/write than standard dvd. In the world of electronics price is not a deciding factor performance is. I'm pretty sure if the 9800gtx came out next week a lot of people that just bought a 8800 would buy the 9800 as well even though it would cost them so much money.

So are you saying that the PS3 is not selling well because it has little to no performance increase over the xbox360 or because the PS3 is priced too high? Hmmm?

Performance is the deciding factor to the .01% of people who spend gobs of money on gaming. These people already have PS3s, but its not enough for them to make money.

If performance > price... why does dell sell so many more computers than Alienware?

Performance is the deciding factor to the .01% of people who spend gobs of money on gaming. These people already have PS3s, but its not enough for them to make money.

If performance > price... why does dell sell so many more computers than Alienware?

that's true..

basically its really up to the individuals needs/wants.

sure the 360 might have some really cool games, but that is also a matter of opinion. i think they both have some pretty good games. and the games im going to be looking to play are going to be on both consoles.

that's true..

basically its really up to the individuals needs/wants.

sure the 360 might have some really cool games, but that is also a matter of opinion. i think they both have some pretty good games. and the games im going to be looking to play are going to be on both consoles.

you make a really good point its really based on your opinion on what you want in a console depending if you get it just cuz its looks cool or because you are really looking at the technical specs

Meh, it's also the parent factor. Many parents will weigh in the price for there children and go for the cheaper of the three, wii then 360 then PS3. Unless of course the parents are gaming conosuiers then that's a different story. Also, like I said before, I never disliked sony, only the price and when you have a 1 year old and bills to take caare of first, $600 is NOT an option. ****, the 360 barely is, and of course the lady likes the Wii so who do you think will win this battle? The lil lady.

For the record, 100 dollars isn't really what is holding people back. If you pay attention, the PS3 sales have sunk bank down to a similar level as before albeit a little higher. All that price cut did is get some people to buy a PS3 who knew (or thought) a price cut was coming soon. It's gonna take more for the PS3 yet.

Not enough of one. People want proof of more bang for the buck. So far that hasn't been proven to be as dramatic as what has been promised by Sony, and with previous Sony promises never really coming true, people tend to get a little leery over those promises. All they see is a console that at best, has a slight edge sometimes and at other times doesn't look as good. So they think to themselves, is it worth paying extra money? Plus, the price cut isn't really a price cut. It's a clearance sale, the bottom line dollar amount never dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom