PS3 price cut working already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronkupen

Fully Optimized
According to Amazon.com, sales of the PS3 have increased almost 3000% since the price cut.

Does anyone think that this will be similar across other retailers this week or is 500 still too much? Will this increase in sales last? Who knows, but all we know now is that a price cut definitely helped Sony out.

Most people are probably thinking that they are getting some sorta deal. That and I wonder how many of the consoles being sold are the cheaper 20gb version compared to the other two versions.

actually the $100 price drop is what made my decision between it and the elite. its within price range of it now. i mean it comes with intergrated wifi, blue-ray, easily changeable hard drive, and i love the ps2 controller, and how the ps3 plays alot of its legacy games with no problems. oh and not to mention the ps3 has 1.3 hdmi or whatever it is while the elite doesn't. the only thing the elite has now is halo 3...

p.s. oh and if you buy a ps3 before sept. 30 you get 5-free blue-ray movies.

I bet its because people were *waiting* for the ps3 pricecut. A surge after the price cut of people who were going to buy it a couple of weeks ago but waited for the price cut.

We'll see if it lasts, though. I don't think it will.

the price cut is still going strong they have over 4 million ps3's in stock so add that to the nexgen wars, and the PS3 goes up to 7.5 million. and then christmas comes along with hopefuly the 80gb model at 499. if you look at it this way 499+ 5 free blu-rays=650 which is a very good deal.

Glad someone had some common sense like you Thrid Left, $30 more for a ps3 ;how could you pick an elite over the ps3?

the price cut is still going strong they have over 4 million ps3's in stock so add that to the nexgen wars, and the PS3 goes up to 7.5 million. and then christmas comes along with hopefuly the 80gb model at 499. if you look at it this way 499+ 5 free blu-rays=650 which is a very good deal.

Glad someone had some common sense like you Thrid Left, $30 more for a ps3 ;how could you pick an elite over the ps3?

yeah there is just too many perks to the ps3, i just really hope the game titles will be flowing in soon. r6:v and graw2 are my favorites though so thats good. and fall of man looks really good as well as L.A.I.R and GTA4 is coming!

R:FoM is my fav game atm, you should also try ninja gaiden and Rainbow Six : Vegas, Also a Heavenly sword demo should be released this week, so you might wanna check that out to get ready for the final game

Maybe because the elite has more exclusives than the PS3, and even when 2007 closes the elite will still have more and better exclusives.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom