PS3 Is A Power Hog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I remember hearing that the PS3 power requirements were going to be huge, but this 380W number just doesnÂ’t sound right. Anyone have a link to actual documentation on this?

With the Playstation 3 launch just around the corner, Sony has released further information about the next gen console. The PS3 is a power hog and consumes around 380 watts of power more than double the Xbox 360's 160 watts and eight times the PS2's nimble 45 watts.

http://www.newlaunches.com/archives/sony_playstation_3_further_details.php

****. doesn't matter to me. A lot of computers nowadays use more than 380 Watts.
But if the 360 uses half... that really doesn't seem right because I can't think of anything in the ps3 that would require that much power.

its not only a power hog, its a major money how. it's going to cost more than many of the other systems combined

So what if its a ****** power hog. Have you seen whats inside the dam box? It blows a 360 out of the water. If your a member of Greenpeace buy a 360 but if you want pure power then go for a ps3. Anyways, should u own a ps3 if you cant afford electricity. Jesus!

exactly those numbers are wrong the ps3 power consumption ranges from 150–200 watts during normal use, unless you got an intercooler,a bunch of daisy chained usb devices and folding, or someething similar it isn't wasting that much electricity. Personally i'd rather pay a few extra bucks of electricity to have the best nextgen console and not have to carry that stupi arse power brick around lol

Yes, I have seen whats inside of the box I understand the majority of it's detailed specs, and it is two sided. Some very impressive, and some a disappointment. Blow 360 out of the water? Hardly.

So what if its a ****** power hog. Have you seen whats inside the dam box? It blows a 360 out of the water. If your a member of Greenpeace buy a 360 but if you want pure power then go for a ps3. Anyways, should u own a ps3 if you cant afford electricity. Jesus!

Thanks for posting in a 5 month out forum.

Great. Another one.

Yep, another one.

Anyways I never thought the PS3 would use up that much power, 380W just sounds like too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom