ps3 pics and info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes they can sell the systems at a resonable cost 4 people who think they can't.The cellphone companies do something similar give a phone 4 free or almost nothing then makes it up on monthly bills.
here are other company who do that stuff.
dish companies
cell companies
printers they make that up on ink sales depending on the printers you can pay the cost of the printer in usually 1-4 ink purchaces.
cable companies
alarm companies
basicly any hardware will be sold 4 less,as long as the company can make up the money easy.

basicly selling it at a low price is incentive.

The playstation itself doesnt look to bad but .. the controler is a different story.
But then again. think about how the xbox controller was when it first came out it was like a gaint brick. then it got redesigned . im sure there will be more designs of the ps3 controler.

Ridlyn said:
The PS3 is gonna own the xbox 360, the PS3 is such a graphical power house have u seen the video of Killzone 2 its unbelevable even if its CG its still looks ubelevable, the PS3 might be using the blue ray discs which will own the xbox 360 that is using the HD Dvd discs, and the PS3 has a slot for just about every memory type.

Yeah, but let's wait and see if the actual game looks anything like this (basically) CG generated "demo" that caught even my attention.
I remember all the hype and "demos" of the original Xbox and PS2 before their launches, and the real games were of course not the spectacular visual feats promoted earlier.

Halo 3 isnt going to be as awesome as most people think. The amount of people on the xbox live servers arent going to change becuase of the fact that there is lag with dsl on xbox,there might be like 24 players but that still sucks.If They put it on pc it will have some potential. Ohh yeah I myself are a xbox fanboy but beware of the potential of the ps3 i mean 8 CPU's **** and all 3ghz thats crazy but the live is where they dont have it together,
Ill wait tell they both come out cuase my pc is a millon times better.and not cuase of performance but just becuase its a pc.

A few things about this post. As I've stated MANY times, the 8 CPU's is not all its cracked up to be. It has ONE multipurpose CPU and 7 SPE's, which are pretty much good for FP calculations. True, will be a power house physics card, but they are to narrow for any real programming (game wise) use. Also, Halo 3 not gonna be that good? As far as I understand it Halo 3 was being made around the same time Halo 2 was. So, nope there... dont think it'll be rushed. As far as lag on large maps, its possible. Alot depends on how the info is passed. It all depends on the programmers. They will probably not release it for that many players if it CANT do it with reasonable game play. Also, maybe they will have a dedicated server, thats how the PC does it. Now, as far as you're PC being much more powerful... guess thats preference. However, I can't understand why you would guess that yet until many more games are saturating the market.

The PS3 is gonna own the xbox 360, the PS3 is such a graphical power house have u seen the video of Killzone 2 its unbelevable even if its CG its still looks ubelevable, the PS3 might be using the blue ray discs which will own the xbox 360 that is using the HD Dvd discs, and the PS3 has a slot for just about every memory type.

Nope on that one. Well, okay it IS a graphical power house, but as of now the 360 has MANY advantages to what has been released thus far from sony. It is a computational powerhouse, yes... graphics, not as much as you are willing to admit. As far as the blue ray technology, I wouldn't look at games taking full advantage of the mass amount of storage available. At least, not yet and probably not in the PS3's lifetime. Unless they take large games and put all 3 sequals, movies of the making, and what not on one blue ray disk. Otherwise, that is asking ALOT of the developement team making games. I think Sony should of waited. Have you SEEN the price estimates for a blue ray drive??? VERY expensive. Also, as you said. ITS CGI!!!! NOT the game. One thing M$ did right was have much of the rendering handle the compression algorythms via hardware, and is not needed via software. This saves BIG time in data storage.

Oh, and PS. Last I heard (these articles someone above linked to are old) Sony had a backwards compatability problem and may have to goto software emulation as well. Not surprising considering the completely different architecture AND different vid card chipset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom