PS3 Owners: Hold Onto Your Netflix Discs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
PS3 Owners: Hold Onto Your Netflix Discs

If you are one of the people that just got a Netflix disc for your PS3, you'd better hold on to it, you'll be needing it for a year. Let's just hope this was a misunderstanding and they meant "next" year, not a "whole" year.

Netflix's Steve Swasey has told G4 that, as it stands, the only way to watch a Netflix movie via the console is to have a Netflix disc in the tray while you stream the movie/show over the internet. And that's the way it's going to stay for around a year.

That would get old after a while. Is it the same thing on the 360? I'm thinking about getting it but if it is then probably not.

It is my understanding that the Xbox 360 doesn't actualy stream the movie, but will download it so you can watch it... But, I do not think that the 360 requires a copy of any netflix disc to work... Wait, the 360 does support netflix right? I kinda forgot...

seems like this should be just a simple update to solve this. But I guess I can live with it. been putting a disk in to watch movies for years.

you made an account to comment on a netflix topic?

Yeah, I don't think I'll be purchasing the service though.

No the 360 does not require a disc. And it does stream the movie/show you are watching.
I think the reason behind this is that Microsoft has some sort of deal with Netflix that won't allow Sony to have the Netflix program as a download or something to that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom