PS3 noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get enough dust in there, with a mostly enclosed room that has no filtration, then you would want to vacuum the console, to prevent the dust from coming back sooner.

Vacuum = static =/= good idea. :)

Anyway, I just listened to mine without the amp on, just with regular TV sound, and it's still hardly audible. I can only hear the fan if I have all audio off. The PS3 is on a hi-fi rack like 5 meters away from my sofa so that helps too, but still....probably clogged fans.

I would say vacuuming is more productive than blasting it in further. On something enclosed like a PS3 anyway, use the hose and a plastic extension to just lightly suck away over the vents.

On the real note of the thread, if it is excessive noise then you probably should be vaguely concerned as I have never found my PS3 loud at all, even when loading, (i.e. no TV sound), I can barely hear it, just a faint whir in the corner, I have the 40GB European model, what model is yours?

Charlie -

Ok, new problem.

Now, for some reason, the ps3 either freezes so bad that I have to restart the system, or then just wait for 30-50 sec for it to start working again. The weird thing is that it only happens when I'm in the PS3 menu, not when I'm playing games or watching DVDs.

I also did a "fan blow" thing that i saw on youtube. Basically it just put the fans spinning ultra-fast, and then the dust should've got out and the noise stopped.

It's still as noisy as before though, so that didn't work at all.

Don't know if this has got anything to do with it, but a couple of weeks ago I got the "flashing light of death" thing, and the PS3 has been dead since.

Been googling about it, and apparently you have to send it to sony (!?) to get it repaired, which costs around 150€ (Warranty is old).

Which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom