PS3 lag, plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jairic

Baseband Member
I don't own a PS3 myself, but a friend of mine does. He's been experiencing very bad lag lately and says that only he lags, not the other people he's playing with/against online. There's no lag with the PC online, ping times are normal etc. Does anyone have an suggestions on how to remedy this or what may be causing it. My research has turned up that it's just what occasionally happens with the Sony servers, but he doesn't like that answer so I'm turning to you guys for a better one :D

There isnt going to be a better answer. It is either:

A.) the Sony servers are slow
B.) his internet connection

There is no other way you can get lag with a console other than load times slowing you down.

Thanks for the reply. After a while he calmed down and seems to be reasonably open to the possibility that it's not on his end. Appreciate the response, have a good weekend.

Is he using wireless for his PS3? That will really slow his end down. Even if there's not much action on his connection other than his online play, the wireless will only be about half the speed of a wired connection. I have actually ran a 50 ft ethernet cable across my house to my PS3 to remedy this problem.

I've been playing online with mine and have been getting no lag whatsoever. You might want to double check his end.

His setup is very basic, it's Wall-cable-surfboard-cable-PS3. Some of his friends have had the surfboard and had to change it to a different broadband modem. I'm just advising him to get a router so he doesn't have to unplug his PC and plug his PS3 in everytime he wants to go online with on or the other and that's it. From what I've heard it could be a MAC Address NAT problem? Anyway, thanks for the posts guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom