PS3 Internet Interruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eayes

Baseband Member
My Ps3 is hard wired and when I turn it on it messes with the internet. For example if I'm logged into an online PC game when I turn on the PS3 it knocks me off that game. Then I can reconnect to it but if I then turn off the PS3 it will do the same the same thing. It interrupts anything not just other game connections, if I'm on a web page it will screw that up to. Anyone ever experience interruption from their PS3 and know what to do about it? Thanks for any insight.

A little info if helpful, ISP is Cablevision and router is Lynksis WRT54G v5.

Are they both plugged directly into the router? Not some little splitter cable type-thing?

It isn't hte ps3, i have a similar setup and never had issues with my laptop, desktop or PS3 and all are on the same network.

Check to ensure your router is allowing DCHP and has enough IP's to lease out. Kind of sounds like when a new device gets on the network it will kick another device off because it doesn't have an IP to lease out.

Easy test would be to get another device on the network and see if you can duplicate the issue with two devices on the network not including the PS3 (to determine if the PS3 is the issue or your network is the issue).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom