PS3 Help.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter.Cort

TF's First Dry Ice User!
Ok, so my PS3 YLOD'd on me recently, I sent it into Sony to get it fixed but found out it was out of warranty (gtfo sony). So I didn't wanna pay 150 to fix it so I figured I'd figure something out. Turns out it's not the hdd or anything, so I got a heat gun from school and did that whole fun deal. Much to my surprise, it worked! After I got that working, the blu-ray drive didn't wanna work... I then got that working somehow, and it wouldn't wanna read the games. Oh well, I figure I'll do a firmware upgrade to make sure things are up to date before I yell at sony. Downloaded the newest firmware and gets to 72% and gives me 8002F14E error code. I can't figure out how to like reset it.. I got it into what seems like 'safe mode' because the res is all wacky but it still doesn't work. I pulled the HDD and it still updated which leads me to believe that it's a system issue. I don't have access to a computer to format the hdd so I need other options...

HELP ME FELLOW PS3 GAMERS!!! PL0XXX!!!!

if i had the free money to buy a 360, i'd spend 150 to get the ps3 fixed... then sell the ps3 on ebay and pick up a jasper 360. :)

It's the Yellow Light of Death. It doesn't happen to all PS3's so that's why you don't really hear about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom