PS3 HDMI Cable recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
So I recently ordered a PS3, and was wondering what brand of HDMI cable I should get. I was pretty amazed at the price difference ranging from $5 dollar cables to $80. My question is, is there really any difference in quality and is it really worth it to spend $80 on a HDMI cable if it works just as well then a $5 monoprice cable? ( I'm leaning towards no )Please feel free to share your experiences

There is supposedly no difference from what I've gathered at the PS forums. I use the Sony brand that is with the PS accessories at Wal-mart for I think $35. I also use the Vizio one (same price) for my satellite. But like I said, the cheapest should work just as well. They are made of the same stuff...

Basically, I spent like $8. I think the more expensive ones are better if you have to buy a really long cable (I don't know why), but otherwise, cheap will be fine. Just don't buy a stupid 3-foot cable.

So I recently ordered a PS3, and was wondering what brand of HDMI cable I should get. I was pretty amazed at the price difference ranging from $5 dollar cables to $80. My question is, is there really any difference in quality and is it really worth it to spend $80 on a HDMI cable if it works just as well then a $5 monoprice cable? ( I'm leaning towards no )Please feel free to share your experiences
Two years ago when I bought my HT setup I heard lots of good things about monoprice cables so I decided to get all of my wiring from them. Two years later, still going strong and just as good as the day I got them. Very nice looking/feeling/performing cables, highly recommended.

heh I went with the monoprice cable, they had a few in depth professional reviews which showed monster cables really offered no real testable advantages, wooo go $5 HDMI cables!

my ex coworker once told me there was a report of someone comparing a high end HDMI cable with a crappy one from dollar shop. The output were the same. So there's really no point getting an expensive one.

Only differences are really 1) The cheap cable might not last very long due to shielding and quality of wire used and 2) More failures when first bought because of poor QC. They are identical quality apart from that.

My roommate works at best buy, they make by far the most profit on cables. On video games he gets at most $5 off.

That $80 cable he can get for $3 or $4. Buy a cheap one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom