PS3 and External Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoMagic33

Baseband Member
quick question regarding the above

if i have an external hard drive connected to my ps3 is it possible to send files from my pc to external hard drive via the PS3?

or would i need to set up media server via WMP and then copies files from there

thanks in advance

neo

So you want to send files to your external HD from your PC going through the PS3? Can I ask why not just attach the HD to your PC?

If you're asking if you can stream files and media to your PS3 then the answer is yes. But only through a media center. The best program to use with a PS3 is SimpleCenter.

So you want to send files to your external HD from your PC going through the PS3? Can I ask why not just attach the HD to your PC?

If you're asking if you can stream files and media to your PS3 then the answer is yes. But only through a media center. The best program to use with a PS3 is SimpleCenter.

I beg to differ, the best program for this purpose is PS3 Media Server, by far, especially if you are going to stream / transcode HD files. You can also easily copy the files from your PC to your PS3 using it. PS3 Media Server
Excellent support for subtitles, any format imaginable, it is small, multiplatform, java based, open source and very easy to use. It is also free and they have very good support on the forums, and the developer is adding new stuff all the time. Latest version updates are flawless DTS streaming / remuxing / transcoding, and multicore optimisation, for example.

i also disagree i prefer tversity but it doesn't really matter what you use so long as it has transcoding and i think what he is asking is if he can pile a bunch of let's say movies onto an external drive and plug it into his ps3 and copy them to the ps3's HD and the answer is yes but the drive has to be formatted to fat32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom