ps3 dvd format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter.Cort

TF's First Dry Ice User!
i've got a bunch of movies i wanna put onto dvd's so i can play them on my ps3. whats the best way to do it so the ps3 will read them? i don't care about playing them on any other device.

Just put them on a DVD to use in a regualr DVD player. The PS3 should play them just fine.

There are a couple converter programs out there that now support the PS3's own video format.. If you convert to this format, it seems to me that the video and audio are MUCH better than the standard format (Especially going from AVI, WMV, etc.)..

The ps3 will play movies off of data discs, at least the one I tried worked. That is pretty much the easiest way to do it. There is no converting involved. If you don't care about other devices, that is fastest way to do it. I would just try one movies to start off with though.

You can even just burn a few AVI files you have onto a DVD in data format. The PS3 will play them like that. I have it setup so that my computer is a media center and the PS3 just reads all of the files from it. You should think about trying it out. Never have to burn anything and it barely takes any work to get you computer setup as a center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom