PS3 “Contributing Factor” to GTA4 Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Shacknews has confirmed that the rumors last fall claiming that the PS3 was a contributing factor to GTA4's delay were actually true. Why the company waited so long to admit that is a bit odd.
“It's really no surprise to anybody that the PS3 was definitely a contributing factor to that,” Barerra told MTV. “Now, we're neck and neck. That's not an issue anymore. But back then that was something we were taking into account.”

PS3 “Contributing Factor” to GTA4 Delay : Welcome To Tech-Dump

dont be fooled, all ye PS3 owners. this doesn't mean they've spent more on the PS3 version. its just that the PS3 is a lot harder to code for (hence less games).

All these lazy company's should just look at Infinity Ward. Call of Duty 4 is one of the best porting jobs I've ever seen.

dont follow in TheEnd187's footsteps.

i do know, because i read the article. they say that the 360 edition is going to have downloadable content, including "two new episodes" which sounds pretty good.
From Wikipedia
[snip]As part of a conference call following the release of Take-Two Interactive's Second Quarter Fiscal 2007 financial results, the company's Chief Financial Officer, Lainie Goldstein revealed that Microsoft was paying a total of US$50 Million for exclusivity of this content split equally between the two packs. The payments can be found referenced in the company's Second Quarter Fiscal 2007 financial results as "Deferred revenue".[/snip]

Yup **** PS3 programmin is too hard to program for to make episodic content, no wait its a bird, its a plane, no its a BIG FAT M$ check.

Also it was dumbed down because of the 360, as said by Rockstar, the lack of Built in HD and Lack of Higher Capacity discs.

Let me see Delayed due to Programming or Dumbed down due to lack of Blu-ray/Build In Hd. thx 360 owners now i dont get the full experience, which is why i will be skipping GTA IV and waiting for LA Noire

Houser's views came out in an interview with Official PlayStation Magazine, when asked whether or not the lack of Blu-ray or a guaranteed hard disk on all Xbox 360s was creating limitations. "Yes. To be honest with you, we haven't solved all those riddles yet," replied Rockstar's creative VP. However, he did also concede that both machines "have their own particular pleasures and pains".

Rockstar on GTA:IV and the 360 - Xbox 360 Forum
Source a non PS3 biased site, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom