PS3 blue/black screen "crashes"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
The blank blue screen happened once during the middle of MGS4 and the blank black screen happened later on though I can't remember when. Only the black screen occured a few times during SF2 HD Remix ( already filled with bugs/glitches ). Anyways should I be worried or am I overeacting? Is this software or hardware related?

Either way the only way to fix it was "rebooting" the PS3, has this ever happened to anyone else? If so, I think its pretty ridiculous how the newer generation of consoles are having so many problems compared to the older generations.

The odd time my PS3 crashes on me but I don't think it's anything to really worry about. After all the PS3 is more a computer than a console like the PS1.

i tend to get freezeing issues with it every so often in a game or when i'm on the ps3 browser or the ps store

imo its nothing to worrie about because i had freezeing problems with my ps1 and ps2 and my ps1 got sold on a bit ago and my ps2 is still running strong

just goes

it sounds like it might be on home stretch. would it be a possibility that some thing might be getting lose either insides. have you tried different power surplus with it. when it goes dose it have any power in it at all like is it on standby mode or something simler?.

Warning signs would be more serious as that would mean it was a hardware problem. Mine goes as well. I'm pretty sure it's just the firmware.

it sounds like it might be on home stretch. would it be a possibility that some thing might be getting lose either insides. have you tried different power surplus with it. when it goes dose it have any power in it at all like is it on standby mode or something simler?.

er sorry I have more time to be more specific. It just doesn't go black meaning when I played MGS4 and was running around it doesn't suddenly magically go black, it stays black during scene transitions, like when a level is done and it tried to load another level it just stayed in a black screen without showing the loading screen.

Most recently it went black after I rage quit :) SF2HD remix, meaning I selected quit game in the PS3 menu during a match and it just went to black screen and not even holding the power button reboot worked. I had to use the switch in the back, although this doesn't happen often...in fact its the first time this kind of crash ( if you can call it that ) has happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom