PS3 to Acer AL2216WDB monitor ? A few questions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakie

In Runtime
Hi, I just started looking into this...

I'm going to pickup a PS3 sometime in September, I really don't want to use my craptastic TV, as I have this monitor which I really like.

Now, i've read I could use an HDMI-DVI cable and plug it right in, i've also read some confusing arguments regarding HDCP...

This monitor supports HDCP, will it work with the PS3, or will it not ?

Also, I was wondering what HD is capable on this monitor, I don't think it supports 1080p.

I would really appreciate any and all help regarding this issue, thanks very much for reading.

Yes that monitor should work fine with your ps3. all you need is a dvi to hdmi converter cable which you can grab from your local big box store, monoprice or wherever you get you electronics from.

As long as your monitor supports HDCP then it will work with a HDMI -> DVI adapter.

I learnt the hard way trying to set up a PS3 to a monitor that wasn't HDCP compatible.... it didn't work :)

I know man, expect paying atleast 600 dollars on a good full HD tv, 1080p

And seriously, its worth it, it will last you forever, and you dont have to worry that you have a cheap piece of tv.

Do ps3 a favor.

yes your not utilizing the full capability if you are not outputting in 1080p, although most games don't support 1080p yet, but still for future sake.

All the games "support it" but they are just upscaling from either 720p or 1080i. I believe no game is actually developed for PS3 or 360 that is full 1080p capable without upscaling.

Also, where are you going to buy a $600 full 1080p tv? Unless you are talking a small TV which doesn't need 1080p. The lowest size I would get a 1080p tv would be 37" which I believe the cheapest is AT LEAST $800.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom