PS3 3.41 Firmware Causing Hard Drive Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
PS3 3.41 Firmware Causing Hard Drive Problems

The recent 3.41 firmware has been causing problems for anyone upgrading their console's hard drive. Users receive a "no applicable data" error after trying to install the update, which renders their PS3 non-working.

As for Sony, it hasn't offered an official explanation just yet, but all indications are that it's a bug and not an intentional blocking of hard drive upgrades

Sony really needs to test firmware updates better before they send them out. The PS3 has had numerous issues regarding updating the firmware... I'm very surprised to see that the PS3 is still having issues with updates.

Yeah they must stick it on a couple PS3s at work and go "Yeah, good enough."

I think the only company to have a somewhat successful console is microsoft, aint had issues with any of the updates on there 360's, ever.

When they switched the 360s over to the NXE dashboard a lot of people complained of audio problems, but nothing on the scale of Sony's failures.

Never heard about those issues with the NXE update. I wish they would release an update that provided full emulation of xbox games on the 360, I have a copy of burn out 3, and it won't run on the 360, though some copies of it do.

They already had that, no-one was using it so they slowly phased out the emulation, I believe. After slowly phasing it in for a couple years.

Yea, I believe that one of the updates either NXE or shortly after NXE removed the emulation on the 360. I read that the PS3 is supposedly still backwards compatible with PS1 games but not PS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom