PS3 2.42 Firmware Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
PS3 2.42 Firmware Issues?

There are a handful of major sites like Gizmodo, PSX Extreme and PS3 Daily that are reporting on the rash of issues brought on by the PS3 2.42 firmware update. My 60GB launch unit has had random freezing since the 2.42 update, are any of you having issues? The PlayStation forums are packed with people having issues, could a 2.43 patch be on the way?

Haven't had any issues. I guess in some ways I'm happy I have the 40 GB model, it seems like it's mostly immune to firmware issues.

Amen to that. Although I find it odd that every time Sony releases an update it "bricks" a lot of PS3's. I would think they would test it better. At least none of the Xbox 360 updates have ever caused any problems (not that the 360 has no faults of its own).

Amen to that. Although I find it odd that every time Sony releases an update it "bricks" a lot of PS3's. I would think they would test it better. At least none of the Xbox 360 updates have ever caused any problems (not that the 360 has no faults of its own).

That's true... only new Xbox 360 games seemed to cause the problem. Sorry I had to throw that in.

Lol. Yeah I guess I always heard people saying "Forza 2 gave me red rings" and the like, but I bet it was just that their Xbox 360 finally decided to die when they got a new game. Mine happened that way and it wasn't even a new game, so I can see how this could happen. I hadn't played Guitar Hero 3 yet, so I went and picked it up about 8 months after it released and as soon as I got into the song menu it froze. Then on reboot, it red ringed. I know the game didn't cause my 360 to red ring, so it was just its time to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom