PS3 2.20 Firmware Update Brings BD-Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
So I just updated my PS3 with the new 2.20 firmware update so I could try out the new BD-Live features only to realize none of the Blu-ray movies I own have BD-Live features. Aside from next month's movie releases, does anyone know of current movies with BD-Live content?

The PLAYSTATION®3 system software update may include security patches, new or revised settings and features and other items, which will change your current operating system. We encourage you to check this page from time to time for software updates and to always maintain your system to use the latest version of the system software.

[H]ard|OCP - www.hardocp.com

Along with a firmware upgrade to make their PS3 games console BD-Live ready, Sony has announced a number of BD-Live (Blu-ray profile 2.0) Blu-ray titles.

Due for release on April 8th the Arnold Schwarzenegger blockbuster The 6th Day and comedy spoof Walk Hard will be joined by The Dewey Cox Story, which will carry features only available via BD-Live download.

Core functionality within 'BD Live' allows a disc to check online each time it is played - for new content related to the particular film. This content could be anything from movie trailers, ringtones to actor info which can then be viewed through picture-in-picture mode.

Pre-empting the release of any BD-Live capable players in the UK, Lionsgate Studios have led the field with their January 2008 releases of War and Saw IV.

This content could be anything from movie trailers, ringtones to actor info which can then be viewed through picture-in-picture mode.

Wow

So basically the stuff you get on those extra-features DVDs which no even bothers to get out of the box?

Blu-Ray pulls another amazing trick out of the hat.

Wow

So basically the stuff you get on those extra-features DVDs which no even bothers to get out of the box?

Blu-Ray pulls another amazing trick out of the hat.

why so much Blu-ray hating? if you don't like extra features thats fine, but some people like to have their special features especially at 1080p.

@Warez Saw IV is BD-Live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom