is ps3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adawg1500

Beta member
is ps3 everything its supposed to be? the most awsome console ever? i only have ps1 and ps2. but is ps3 really good?

do a forum search for the many topics about this exact question. As far as a simple answer, no. I don't believe that it is anywhere close to its promise but give it time and maybe they can change that via firmware, but some of the problems it has I highly doubt all of it can be fixed.

As a console ps3 is heavily equipped but its been released a few months ago and developers are trying to use its real power so its gonna take time show what ps3 can do.

at this moment the blu-ray is the big point for ps3.

wow, blu-ray on the ps3... i had to look it up after you posted it... thats awesome and definitely a good selling point considering other blu-ray players are a couple hundred more bucks

IMO, I think ps3 is going to be awesome. All these good games are coming out for it now ( AKA motorstorm). If you havn't played ps3 yet, go to bestbuy or circuit city and try it out. I know that game is going to be awesome( the stores have the demo as the game comes out today). Also, developers are only going to get better and better with ps3's hardware, and then those better games are going to come out. Even though ps3 60gb is mucho $$$$$, when a game like gta 4 comes out, you can't expect to be playing it on the wii....ya know?

haha my uncle bought the PS3 just for the Blu-Ray player XD

Id say .. 6 months to 2 years till we see the full potential of the PS3, and thats 6 months as in game development starts 6 months after the PS3 was released

and just remember that EA estimates that Fight Night used 20% of the PS3's full power. Check out the trailers for Heavy Rain and FF XIII for what the PS3 is currently capable of. I honestly think Heavy Rain trailer is one of the most amazing things ive ever seen

Yes the ps3 is the best next gen console, and with the new PS3 HOme coming soon you will laugh at xbox live

God not this crap again. So far the live business model for sony is lacking, according to insiders. Most developers are also disappointed with Sony, but are still holding out hope that they have a few more tricks to pull. So, in short. No, the PS3 doesn't hold to its promise. The long run, PS3 isn't out of the running, and if Sony gets its act together and releases some good developement tools, then this maybe a good time for gamers everywhere. As of now, the Wii tends to have the most as far as uniqueness and the 360 and PS3 are neck and neck in certain areas. GPU for 360 CPU for PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom