Ps2 problems. Possibly the fan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arumuni

In Runtime
Hello everyone.

I recently bought a modchip, and in turn took my Ps2 apart. It didnt work out, so I put everything back.

When I went to play the game, it worked, but then after a while it stopped working instantaneously, and the red poewr light began to flash repeatedly. I opened the ps2 up again, and saw that I somehow cut one of the fan wires (the grey one) apart.

I soldered it back together. I tried again, didnt work.

I am convinced this is a fan problem (because the fan doesnt work, so I assume that the ps2 has some built in sensory)

Basically, it works fine for a short time (14 minutes~) , then it stops and begins to flash.

Help?

Are you shure you didn't damage anything when your PS2 was on with the fan not working?

I don't think so.

Everything else works fine. It's just that the fan isn't working. I've read the instruction manual and it said that if the red power button blinks than something is not right within the system. The fan stopped working all of a sudden when I was playing, and it later on stopped the entire ps2.

Help...

well if you cut off the fan it could be overheating... but shouldnt cut off in 14 min or so maybe find a way to cool it or something to see if that helps. if not you may hafta call sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom