ps2 help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

harleycat

Beta member
Hi, I sure hope some one can help me.

I have 2 playstation 2 consoles. Both of them used to work till my husband tore them down to clean the dust out.

Both playstations were extremely dusty. so he tore them both all the way down.
They both will turn on and all, but...they both say that the analog controller is not detected.
WE have 3 controllers and when we plug each one up, we still get the same message. The little red light that comes on, on the controllers, they dont come on.
im pretty sure he didnt tear anything up because he has taken them apart before. however this time, we have this problem.

I have a 10 year old and 12 year who both love playing..my 10 year old has asthma and has been sick so she is missing playing while sick.

everything was put back just like it was, i assume..and everything.

Can anyone help me??

Thanks
Kelly

Have you checked that all the plugs are properly connected to each other? Is there anything loose?

Maybe try a different controller. I took my PS2 apart and cleaned b/c of dust and the controllers worked fine but my network adapter wouldn't work after that. I think you could send it back to Sony and have them fix it in an untimely manner probably.

This happened to me once...although the reason for mine's opening was curiosity...What makes it tick? Open it back up and below the protective shock plate, look for where the controller hub goes to a cable, and that cable might be detatched from a socket on the processing circuit card. just get the cable in there and lock it up. the controller hub is just a line where the memory card and controllers goe in, and due to sony's laziness, they didnt attach it to the card...just a wee flaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom