PS 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

makitaman60

Baseband Member
Hi guy's
I recently bought a PS3 and a Wii. The problem is is getting connected to the internet. Sadly I have DSL with Centurytel with a Westell wireless modem/router Model # D90-327w14-06. I have searched the web for all kinds of info on this, about the only thing I have found out is that Westell made this model just for Century-Tel. I have been thru all the set-up guides availabe including asigning a static address. The point is I'm thru dealing with Century-Tel Support all you do is punch #'s on the phone and when you do get to talk to someone they run you back thru all the set-ups thats all they are programed to do. I have to laptops that are wireless thru the same system and they work fine, so the wireless works, just no gaming online.
Well like I said I'm thru worrying with them, a friend of mine suggested getting another wireless router/ modem and all my problems would go away. I'm just not sure what to buy, I aready have a linsky wireless router I had purchased before I knew that centurytel would send me a wireless. Let me cut this short, is their anyone out there that can tell me the equipment I need to get hooked up. I have Century-Tel DSL I have a WII and a PS3
what can I do to get this connected wireless to the Internet. Please help I'm so fed-up with
big companies that really don't care they just program their workers, what happen to just good ole customer support. It maybe later tonight before I can respond, got to report in at work here soon. Thank"s Guys !!:)

I assume that on your PS3 and Wii you are able to locate your wireless network and attempt to connect to it? It either connects then disconnects randomly or doesn't connect, correct? If so, check below. If you don't even see your network on the list of available ones then something else is very wrong.

Port forwarding. I had to mess with my ports to get it to work. That's what happens sometimes when companies use their own modem/router module.

PS3 port forwarding:
Port Forwarding PS3 Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare on the Westell D90-327W14-06

They have a whole list which goes down to specific games, but they should mostly be the same ports. Try this one and if that doesn't fix it for all your games, try looking up more specific ones that you need to get working.

Not sure what the Wii one would be, but I bet if you use the same website and lookup Wii games it will give you the right ports for those as well.

i dont have an answer to your question, but i just want to give you a heads up that dsl might not be the best connection to play online with your ps3 and wii.

how fast is your connection supposed to be? this might have been just for me, but i remember when i had verizon dsl (which was supposed to be 768 kbit/s) and i hooked my 360 up, the connection was not good. when me and my bro tried to play games like gh3, l4d, and gta 4 online, half the time, it would fail to connect.

the only solution that kinda worked for me most of the time was to directly connect my 360 to the modem supplied by verizon by itself. having my pc and 360 connected at the same time with a router caused the connection problems for the 360, pc still worked fine though. tried diffrent routers too to try to rule that out as a problem, but no go.

it could be possibly be different for you though, since you have a different isp, and you are using a ps3/wii instead.

i have verizon fios now, so everythings good :)

^I've got FiOS as well! :D I had DSL before that. Any DSL connection of like 1.5mb/s should be fine (which was pretty common around here but may not be where he is from). 3mb/s would be preferred, though.

:D ....gasp, a brother.....lol

yea, dsl for me was terribly slow for live, 20/5 fios speeds suit me much better, probably more than i need though, but im not complaining.

I don't want to get off topic, but I have 25/15 FiOS. Boy is it zippy. I just wish Xbox Live would actually realize my connection is the best and make me host more often :( It seems to always pick my friends who have slower cable connections and way lower uploads.

Thank's SurgeVel , gonna give it a try. I ended up working late, I'll let you know the outcome.
Thank's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom