Is Playstation Home a game or no?

Playstation Home, a game or virtual chat lobby?

• a game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a virtual chat lobby

• ill post my opinion what it is

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got in the beta on thanksgiving, and I must say, it is interesting. As soon as it becomes fully functional, and I can make better use of it, I think it is going to be quite good. I went in the mall and played chess against a few people. It was nice.

oh get this. Playstation Home beta messed up the family 60GB PS3, so now we have to get it replaced/exchanged. We will try to get the 80GB older model to have some BC with PS2 games n hopefully 4 USB ports which we all use btw.

Problem: couldnt switch from Wired to Wireless network connection, cant reply or add people from the XMB, and games would sometimes not sync with the controller forcing u to use the PS button or turn off the system to try to get it working with the games again. Quiting any game from the PS button makes it so u can get back to the XMB right? Well instead the console restarts the whole system! WTF?

^^^anyone have similar problems?

It offers some very basic social networking, but at an annoying cost. Having to download each new section, taking up 3GB of space on my HDD, taking forever to load, having to walk to locations and even wait to use the games/bowling if all spots are taken. All this seems not worth the trouble. From my experience with the beta, it has been nothing but a waste of time. Now, if I REALLY needed to hangout with my friends, or random people for that matter, there is this thing called real life. Or, if you'd rather stay indoors, there is this thing called "Second Life."

It offers some very basic social networking, but at an annoying cost. Having to download each new section, taking up 3GB of space on my HDD, taking forever to load, having to walk to locations and even wait to use the games/bowling if all spots are taken. All this seems not worth the trouble. From my experience with the beta, it has been nothing but a waste of time. Now, if I REALLY needed to hangout with my friends, or random people for that matter, there is this thing called real life. Or, if you'd rather stay indoors, there is this thing called "Second Life."

wow thats harsh 3gig for each section ouch. heh second life sorry not my cup of tea

They need to make multiple servers that you can choose from. Something like WoW where you can choose the servers that your friends are on. I just got into the Beta and it is a good start. Yes it sucks to DL every new room. I think if there were more servers, they would be able to have the entire world on the server, rather than be saved on PS3...the people with 40GB can't exactly afford 3GB per room!

Oh, and the person that said to hang out in real life...good point, but what about the people that have family across the country? With Home, they can 'hang out' and play bowling or pool or whatever...and with mic's they could be talking to each other too. Much more fun than a phone call :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom