Playstation 4

ajacks13

The OGH
Guys,

There is a rumor circulating that the price point for the PS4, rumored to being announced in just a few weeks and releasing this hoilday season, will be $400.

That's just about out of my price range, but not so overly priced that I wont make a few sacrifices to get one on release day.

What is your max purchase price for a next gen system and also will the rumor of the next Xbox needing a constant internet connection and a no used game DRM built in deter your from purchasing that system...

as 've never bought an xbox i don't think my opinion can carry that much weight but yeah i wouldn't buy it for those reasons, i already don't buy apple products on the basis of i don't like being told what i can or can't do with something that i've paid good money for. In regards to price points for next gen i really wouldn't want to spend more than 300 unless theres some game changing advancements that shock the world.

About $400 is my max, and the no-used game requirement doesn't bother me since I always buy new anyways. The internet one does a little bit, but mostly cause I fear losing internet or random drops.

I bought the 60GB PS3 near launch, so price won't be a deterent. I'll want some first impressions before committing though.

$400 will probably be for the 150GB version. Hopefully they have one with a larger harddrive than that, as my 300GB PS3 is full and I can only imagine that the next gen games will take up more space. I also don't see Sony missing out on the chance to monetize harddrive upgrades like they did last round... can anyone say "Proprietary Memory Card for the Vita"? If they can take something that sells in non-proprietary form for around $20 and charge $90-100 for it, they will.

I don't really care about the used game issue. Most of my games are bought new. The used games I have I just bought because they were so cheap... but I haven't played many of those.

I'll be curious to see if my PS+ account carries over to the new system. My current subscription is good through January, and if it does carry over, I'll probably re-up while the buy 1 year get 3 months sale is going on.

13 days and we'll know more.

I'm very interested to see what new technologies Sony bring to the PS4. I can't see there being much of a gap between the PS3 and PS4. Look at the differences the PS2 brought over the PS1 and the PS3 over the PS2. I hope I'm proven wrong!

Sony doesnt have a history of screwing their consumers... i hope that trend continues.

Me too, sony has been good to us :Overjoyed:

i wouldnt mind around $500 honestly, as long as that is a package deal (more than a console and one controller) and some seriously awesome hardware. <-- if not then $300 for just a console and controller. MAYBE $350

I'm a pc gamer through-and-through, but when i buy console stuff, 99% of the time its playstation 2. or playstation 1.

hell im still playing Gran Turismo 3! (for the millionth time) and i have all 3 discs with the different colored pictures on them. the original is the not for resale that came with my console upon release :p

I am an admitted Sony Fanboi, so making the leap to ONLY the PS4 isnt that big a deal to me... but if the M$ rumor is true, then i guess it will be a Sony only household this gen. AND if Sony jumps on board with the always connected, no used game DRM crap... then I will just PC it. Between Origins, GMG and Steam i am sure i will make out just fine

Back
Top Bottom