Playstation 3 LED Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandre88

In Runtime
'Hey everyone,

So recently I have been repairing Playstation 3s with the dreaded YLOD. I bought a rework station and have been doing reflows and hope soon to be doing reballs. Anyways, I've come across two models now that have had this issue. The first one the red LED that comes on for standby mode and what not was dead, burnt out, whatever. Now on one I am working on today both the red and green LEDs are dead or something. The blue one works fine and the console itself is working fine. I tried googling replacing PS3 LEDs but all I got was mainly guides on how replace them in your controller, add mods, etc.

I am just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to replace these. The console I am working with is a model CECHG01 so the On/Off switch is on the motherboard itself. Not like the original models that had it separate. Has anyone had any experience replacing these LEDs or know any guides out there that might be of some help.

Thanks in advance.

I am pretty sure the LEDs can be replaced, as they sit on the PCB like everything else. You will have to find out what LED's those are though in order to replace them, they will most likely be surface mounted.

If the switch is OVER the LED, there is a chance the LED is a special 3 color, 4 pin LED, mounted inside the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom