Playstation 2 via an Eksternal TV Tuner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calv

Beta member
Hello there,

I've bought a set of PC with 19" LCD wide recently, and have tried connecting my playstation 2 via an eksternal tv tuner (Pixelview TV Box 5) to the LCD.

My question is why I don't get a good and smooth picture quality as if I connected it to a conventional TV, I've tried with different resolution and refresh rate, even sync. resolution between Tv Tuner and LCD. It just get more blur and poor quality.

Help.. need some advice.. Thx B4

Hi there...

The clarity of the picture doesnt only depend on the monitor.....Since it is displayed via the computer (ie, ur not directly connecting the LCD monitor to an external source) it depends on the system specs....(like total RAM available, the VGA card you have, etc....) It might also depend on the tv tuner you have...if its of good quality or not....etc...

What are your system specs??

My PC has nothing to do with The TV Tuner, It's an eksternal device that I connected it directly with LCD and has an input from my console game (PS2). I play a game without powering up the PC.

This TV Tuner offers wide range of resolution and refresh rate (640x480 up to 1280x1024) and it claims support any LCD and plasma TV that has an D-sub input.
It doesn't matter which res. you used, it just get more blurred and poor image quality.

Is this has something to do with CRT (scanline) or LCD (Pixel) differences? I believed many people outside have playing this console with a variaety of monitor (LCD or CRT and plasmaTV).

I've trying other eksternal TV tuner (gadmei) before I used PixelView PlayTv Box5, but there's almost no difference. And also my LCD displayed an awesome image quality if I playing a pcgame or watching DVD movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom