Playstation 1 having problem playing games...Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ssung

Beta member
Hi,
I know it's little out of time to talk about playstation 1 but that's what I have and having problem playing these games that I bought and just wondering if you guys might be able to help me out here.
I have a playstation. Only game I had was DDR game but I decided to buy new games so I bought CoolBoarders4 and Metal Gear Solid. But I can't play those games on my system. Everytime I put in the CD and turn the system on, I would get the screen as if I had no CD in the system and turned it on. Please help me out. I also don't have memory cards but I don't think that can be a problem. Was there couple version of playstation one? Thanks.

Sung

there was a problem with the laser on the original psx.. if you put in the disc and turn the console upside down, then pwr on it should play.

Thanks for your answer but it still don't work. Is there any other way to play it? Or do I just have to get another system?
Would I be able to fix it somehow?Thanks.

Sung

i'm sorry i could not help, so you have an original playstation from like 1997? or is it that small little "ps1" they made a yr or 2 ago?

psx is not playing them because its not reading the disc..or... its because your trying to load a copy w/out a modchip. where did u purchase these games from? bc its vary easy to buy 'black' cdrs and dl the cd graphic, then print it out and slap it on a burned copy of 'coolboarders4.'

another way to go would be to dl an emulator for your psx games and play them on your pc.

Yes you can get a psx emulator for the PC. Very fun. Is it one of the bigger ps or the smaller ones. Is the little spinny thing that you put the disc onto in good shape? If it is broken i recommend buying a PS2.

Thanks for the posts guys.
there was nothing wrong with the PS1 that I had but I guess it's the first generation which had graphic problem so I just bought the small version that was on sale. Bought it for $37 including tax and also memory card for $5. Is this a good price? I thought it was. Thought about buying ps2 but don't have the fund now so I went with that. Thanks for all you help.

sung

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom