Not impressed with the PS3 at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
pyrodog, couldn't disagree with you more. I wont go into why, because frankly tired of writing it time and time again.

when will u learn killians? the ps3 is superior in all ways to he 360 except in the gpu, although the 360 gpu is like 3% better than the one i the ps3, the playstaion 3 still mops the floor. round 2 killians round Killians

Oh, and how's that? If you look at graphic wise, they are comparable and some a little more detailed. The PS3, when given many particle effects, will tend to chug. This was the complaint of MANY reviewers that why does this ultimate cell processor start chugging when dealing with certain mapping. The reason? Because there is no dedicated graphical die for the GPU to process certain architectures. Using the cell for graphics? Forget it. Sony tried that and it works terrible. That is why there was a last minute decision for NVidia to do the card, because the cell wasn't good for rendering and this card was added in at a later point. THAT is why it is inferior, because it was added after hind sight. Is it a shame? Oh, definately. I would of loved to see this work, but you add the limitations of the cell processor, its limited bandwidth in crucial areas of the architecture, and a late add in GPU because the original plan of using the cell to do all didn't work like it seemed, plus rushing as fast as you can to get it out the door so M$ didn't have anymore of a lead and you get a recipe for a product that is no where as near as good as it could of been. Face it, this is a piece of hardware with great potential that was rushed out to fast, had last minute changes and a technology that the architecture couldn't catch up with, namely some of the problems listed above IE bandwidth. Hate to bust you balloon but this is being reported in all areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom