No Sony Price drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronkupen

Fully Optimized
DailyTech - No More 60GB PS3 Consoles in U.S. Once Sold Out, Says SCEE Boss

Wow, apparently after the 60 GB model PS3 is sold out in America they will not be sold anymore. This means the entry into the PS3 realm will cost, yet again, 600 dollars. So we have to pay 100 dollars more for 20 more gigs and a game that we might not want... not to mention severely reduced backwards compatability. This way the consumer gets screwed again, and Sony ends up possibly making money on this system.

To me, this is Sony's way of saying "GO F*CK YOURSELVES" to people who want to purchase a Sony gaming machine.

The only way I can see this working is if the 80 gig gets reduced to 500 after the sell out, and a 100 gig model comes out after. I think this is possibly the case, but it's sure not to happen for months after a 60 Gig sell out.

Companies actually lose money on the consoles, but make it back via the software. I've always really liked sony's products, have PS, PS2, PS3. But, one thing that has always had me peeved about them is that they always have ways of nit-picking your money away. They could easily include things, but make you buy them separate, my PS3 gen example.... the adapters to transfer data from PS2 memory cards. 15 bucks for a 1-time use thing, they could have found another way. PS2: buying multitaps, memory cards, all that crap that came on an xbox.

Sony stuff usually doesnt bother me much, but this seems pretty gay to me...

Companies actually lose money on the consoles, but make it back via the software. I've always really liked sony's products, have PS, PS2, PS3. But, one thing that has always had me peeved about them is that they always have ways of nit-picking your money away. They could easily include things, but make you buy them separate, my PS3 gen example.... the adapters to transfer data from PS2 memory cards. 15 bucks for a 1-time use thing, they could have found another way. PS2: buying multitaps, memory cards, all that crap that came on an xbox.

Sony stuff usually doesnt bother me much, but this seems pretty gay to me...

I've always been a Sony fan when it came to consoles, except this generation. They really lost me after they steered away from their previous trend of putting out affordable hardware with good first party titles and third party support. Seems like they feel that they are in such a position that they can sell a PS for however much they want, and flat out turn down third party exclusive offers just because they are Sony. Turns out they were wrong. Hopefully after this gen they will realize that if your actions scream "F*ck you!" to the consumer, you will not do well.

this has to be the gayest thing ive ever seen
sony have lost it completley
i cant wait for Halo 3 to come out and microsoft sell another 10 million units because of it and all the sony people are left with nothing

sony needs to stop forcing people to buy something they dont want i dont want a blue ray as i dont have hd tv i dont want wifi as its slow and laggy and i dont need 20 extra gigs of hard drive space all i want i a console to play games

this has to be the gayest thing ive ever seen
sony have lost it completley
i cant wait for Halo 3 to come out and microsoft sell another 10 million units because of it and all the sony people are left with nothing

Gran Tourismo has sold more copies than Halo has screw halo with its non existant story line, homo weapons, and shabby gfx.

Pachter states that "the Sony entry level price of $499 is here to stay" and that "there are presently 2 – 3 million 60Gb PS3s produced and not yet sold." This number constitutes up 75% of PS3s in the hands of consumers right now, so the idea of that many selling out before the end of the month, as Reeves suggested, is ridiculous. Pachter's reasoning for why he expects the 80GB model to drop in price is similar to most people's. The 80GB PS3 should cost Sony as much, if not less, to produce than the 60GB model thanks to removal of the Emotion Engine (which, at this point, is the PS3's equivalent of the appendix). Not to mention that Motorstorm is included in the 80GB box, so removing the game will allow the bundle to drop in price by at least $50.

Pachter ends his report by saying that he expects "the $499 price point to be maintained until early next year, when the 80Gb model will likely be cut again to $399." We're not so sure about this ourselves, but we'd definitely like to see it happen.

Ah yes, lets use a game that was released 5 years before Halo. Good comparison, not a bit unbalanced. Non existent story line? I guess we COULD use something more akin to your liking and understanding like, say, little golden books? I heard puss'n boots is riviting. Much like most of your arguments, this one is filled with garbage that the majority of the gaming community disagrees with you on. Am I saying Gran Turismo is no good? Not at all. Amazing game, but like you usually do you compare apples to oranges and use stats and arguments that are either from fan based blogs quoting Sony upper echelons as the end all word (as biased as it may be), complain how it's unfair for say, one game that came out for both systems looks better for the 360 because the Sony was a first gen game. Well that game, a race game listed in many articles, was being developed around the same time AND was a 360 first gen. So, a 360 first gen and a PS3 first gen and the 360 looked better. How sad it is to read some of your mouth foaming rants. It must get lonely in the basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom