No SOCOM players here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game probably just doesn't function properly for them, so they are fed up with it. That is what the ign guy made it sound like was the issue. If it was ever patched to run correctly, he said it could be a good game.

As of now, the game seems to at least be playable. If the 1.3 patch does what they are planning, it might actually enter the realm of being enjoyable. I do have hope though that eventually the game will became what it's capable of. It's just how long its going to take is what the issue is.

Well, unless gamespot and ign re-review it so I can find out how good it really is, I still probably won't get it.

Well, unless gamespot and ign re-review it so I can find out how good it really is, I still probably won't get it.

They won't re-review it cause it doesn't deserve a re-review; they put out a completely broken game. I've just been keeping up on the patches and user feedback.

Yeah, I never played any of the previous iterations, but I picked this one up, and absolutely hated it. It wasn't just because of the awful server connections... the entire gameplay just didn't appeal to me.

The control scheme was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen for a shooter. Up/Down on D-Pad to zoom in/out? I don't know how many times I died because I didn't zoom out. I'm too used to having Zoom be one button and when you let go, it un-zooms automatically. Triangle for crouch/prone? Square for Jump? R2 for sprint? All the controls were just plain wrong, and even though you can edit them, they don't let you change the most important ones like Prone/Crouch or the zoom in/out to what a good shooter should be.

Then there is the fact that grenades don't throw worth crap, the C4 is not remote and only a 3 second timed device, the sensitivity when not scoped is way too high, but if you zoom in to try and aim more precisely, the sensitivity is way too low.

All that and the bad servers caused me to return the game within 4 hours. I will never play a SOCOM game again in my life. Maybe that is the control scheme for those games, and if that is the case, it will never be my type of shooter. I was expecting something similar to GRAW or Splinter Cell type controls... but I was sadly mistaken :(

don't play PlayStation shooters much do ya?

I play the ones that are multiplat, the likes of GRAW, CoD4, etc. and all those had much simpler control schemes. I guess it's simply a SOCOM thing, which I didn't know in advance and kinda wish I had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom