new slim ps2 compat w/ slide card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

koldapu

Fully Optimized
hey, back on the boards after a few months, but this time on the gaming section, not comp hardware . . .

ANYWAYS, i had a gamecube that kinda . . . broke a few months ago, and i've been wanting to get a ps2 or xbox . . .

but then i decided to get a ps2 since i REALLY want to play gta:sa . . .

i wanna get the new slim ps2 because
1) i wanna play online games (nba 2k5, etc) and it already has networking capabilities in it
2) i dont play socom or ff so i dont need a hard drive

but im still wondering if i should get the original ps2 because i dunno if the new ps2 is compatible with slide card . . .

is it?

Update, I now have available the new "Magic Switch" for the new slimline PS2. This enables you to play games using your Swap Magic discs, and you don't have to buy a Flip Top!

This switch take less than a minute to install, just clip it on, flick the switch and your ready to play your favorite backups and imports!

Let me know if you need one! dvdsgamesnthings@earthlink.net

Hi,
I am looking for a proper stuff for my slim ps2 v12- to play NTSC games on a PAL console.
I live in Sweden and I found this local e-shop which says the Slide Tool does work for the new slim models. CHECK THIS OUT and let me know your opinions:
Slide Tool

Or you think Flip Top is better?

Thanks in advance

They don't know what they're talking about. The slimline pstwo's require the 'Magic Switch'. This is a device (3 parts) that you snap into place on your console (very easy, doesn't void warranty, and you don't have to remove any parts) and then you can use the Swap Magic 3.3 discs.

dvdsgamesnthings@earthlink.net

Thank you,
So you mean it works etter than flip top? Cause up until now I hadn't heard about this Magic Switch.

I wouldn't say it does or doesn't. I guess that would depend on your preference but I would think so since it doesn't void the warranty and they snap on and snap off. If you need anything, I carry most all products I speak of or even that exist in the video game world. If you need one, please email me at dvdsgamesnthings@earthlink.net. I will be happy to help you.

Thanks,
But since I am in Sweden I found this local supplier which has magic switch.
Just to make sure we're on the same page is this what you mean:
magic switch
And it will solve the issue of playing NTSC games on a PAL console? right?

Thanks in advance
you been very helpful consolemax_com
and I will buy it tomorrow

He has the old version. There was a problem with the first edition, it wasn't fitting properly in place on PAL machines. You should buy the new version. Thanks!

Hi guys,
I just got the magic switch along with swap magic discs.
Well I adjust everything and insert the cds but nothing happens.
The laser doesn't start to read.
My procedure is I fit the three pieces, then insert the disc (DVD or CD ) then press browser.
Is there anything more I should do?!
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom