My ps2 hardware problems. Please help me. I've wasted too much money...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arumuni

In Runtime
Hello.

A few months ago I bought a modchip. Thinking I could install it myself, I opened the console up, and tried it. But I never managed to do it, so I put it back together.

Anyways. I then bought a slidemagic thing, to play them. This is what I SHOULD HAVE DONE right off the bat.

Anyways, it works. However, my Ps2 fan does not operate anymore. And after approximately 10~15 minutes of it being on, my Ps2 crashes, and the little red light flickers.

I opened it up again, and found my ps2 fan wire broken. So I buy a brand new fan. IT STILL Does not work. >_<'

The same thing as last time, 15 minutes, the little flickering red light.

Can someone PLEASE help me? I've already blown $150+ on this. I thought only $50 would do it, however due to the circumstances, it didn't turn out like that.

man you can get a used ps2 for like $50 now and new for $120

new fan? might be wrong voltage?

I know, but I don't feel like spending any more money on the Ps2. The wrong voltage? I don't know. It's a specific ps2 fan, it should have the same voltage as the other one.

did you look in the right area, i saw something about fan replacement. although just the part costs $30.

it sounds like maybe you might have done more damage then you think. if you can't get that fan to work on your own, myself i would just buy another there so cheap. if you wait for the ps3 to come out people will be throwing the ps2's out the window.

LOL, he wasn't saying that you should buy a PS3. He was sayign to wait for all the people who buy a PS3 to throw their old PS2 out the window, and then you could grab a PS2 of your choice.

Anyway, about your sitch... What did the modding do exactly to the fan in the first place? I'm not understanding how the fan could get involved in this. Did you have to remove cables somewhere, or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom