Movies on PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidcallan

Beta member
I am contemplating buying a PSP and am unsure how movies operate on them.

Do they have a hard drive on which movies can be saved or do i have to purchase a new dvd??

cheers

[Admin Note: Please do NOT flame others. This is not acceptable and will not be tolerated. This is a warning!]

pasulpepe said:
[Flame SNIPPED]
1. There is absolutely no reason to be so rude to davidcallan.
2. Perhaps you should learn the art of reading, davidcallan said in his post that he is Contemplating buying a PSP.

In answer to your question, you can buy a memory card for PSP, on which you can put music, pictures and movies. You can also buy movies on UMD (Universal Media Disc - it is the discs that PSP's use).

Have UMD movies gone down in price? I haven't paid attention to the PSP market in months and UMD discs were more expensive than DVDs. I thought that was pretty weak.

City Of Devils said:
Have UMD movies gone down in price? I haven't paid attention to the PSP market in months and UMD discs were more expensive than DVDs. I thought that was pretty weak.

Yea they have in my neiborhood $11.00 they sell like crazy here too.

edit: some are more but once out for 3 weeks they go down.

From what I've seen the UMD's go around 30 dollars. If I wanted to get a PSP I would get for the movies too, from what I've seen they are awesome quality and pretty large selection.

pasulpepe said:
[Flame SNIPPED]

That was ridiculous man...

It's too bad that memory is so expensive, I have a hunch the type of memory our PSP's use is only that expensive because we HAVE the PSP's.

It really sucks, if you look at some of the old memory sticks they are relativley cheap compared to the DUO.

Answering the question, well it has already been answered. However, to me the idea of watching a full length movie on a tiny little screen is not to thrilling, although the PSP has amazing quality in the screen.

A wonderful portable entertainment system though, however you will want to do gaming, music, videos and pictures as well as web browsing to want this. Other than that, specific things such as the iPod are a better deal (the PSP is kinda big and clunky).

I definitely agree with the specific things, but as for the watching a movie on the screen, I would not watch it if I have my 74cm TV close by, but it works wonders on an airplane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom