Modding a ps2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fefner

Baseband Member
Im getting a ps2 for christmas. I wanted to put mod chip in it or mod the casing white or silver or something or both. Iv heard about people frying out there ps2 mobos doing it. What do you think the chance of busting it is and if it would be ok to mod the case?

I don't know about modding the case itself, but as far as a chip goes, if you have never sodered anything you might not want to do it yourself. Or there are simpler means to modding your ps2. A slide card or flip top and swap magic discs. Just require a few screws.

Joe Harmon @ Etown electronics 502.234.9113 does mods. He is probabally the best in the business. Will also do them by mail. If he would happen to damage the console he will replace it....give him a call

Hey,

If you do it yourself you have a chance of it getting fried. If you don't want to do it the modchip way buy a set of swap magic discs. This simple trick loads backups without a mod.

Let me know if you need one. I supply them the cheapest.

dvdsgamesnthings@earthlink.net

I just did it a couple weeks ago for the first and last time. I modded a version 7 PS2 (there is about 12 of them and the installation is different for each one of them) with a DMS 4 lite. I did a lot of research and reading on the web. Do not expect any kind of instructions with the chip. Mine came in a brown enveloppe with nothing else in it. At first, I though the enveloppe was empty.

Anyway, I grabbed the bull by the horn and opened the case. Well, well!!! When I saw what I was dealing, my first reaction was to close it back right away but I promised my son to do it so there I went. I would compare the soldering process to open heart surgery on a house fly using a butcher knife. It took me four hours to solder 17 wires the size of a noze hair.

I closed the case back and plugged it in, flash the Bios and waited. Guess what! The dam*** thing is still working. And not only it is still working but it plays back up games. I was as a happy as pigs in sh**t. Not that it plays back up, but that I did not screw it up, period. I still don't know how I did it.

Next time I promise something to sonny, it will be a pre-modded console!!!!!

Morale of the story: it is feasible, however make sure to go to church and burn a few candles before plugging in your soldering gun.

Have a nice day

I would pass on the DMS4 series. The makers of these chips are nothing but scammers. Go with the Matrix Infinity.

I can't say that I am an expert in the mod chip world but the experience I have with the DMS4 chip itself is great. Up to now, it booted each and every back up game (with ToxicBios) I threw at it. I'm happy with it. As for the DMS team.... don't know them, never had any dealing with them other than checking their web site (which was helpful to me).

That's what a modchip does . . . boot backups. I'm not amazed that it boots every game you throw at it cause Matrix Infinity does too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom