Mgs 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I beat it last night at about 5 am. Amazing game, but not without its flaws (and this is coming from one of the biggest fans).

BTW I suggest checking out Gametrailers.com for another disgusting review on an MGS game.

Yeah, I got it and here is what I think so far:

After playing for about 4 hours, I have actually only played for about 15 minutes. Hopefully the whole game isn't like this because it seems I watch a few minutes of cutscenes, then move around 20 steps and BAM... another cutscene. This 4 hours :: 15 minutes ratio may be slightly exaggerated, but not by much!

Also, the graphics are good, but still not even Comparable to that of Gears of War. I would put it about equal to that of Call of Duty 4 or a tad bit better.

The game is fun when I actually get to play it, so hopefully the cutscenes happen less often throughout? How long did it take to beat?

Yeah, I got it and here is what I think so far:

After playing for about 4 hours, I have actually only played for about 15 minutes. Hopefully the whole game isn't like this because it seems I watch a few minutes of cutscenes, then move around 20 steps and BAM... another cutscene. This 4 hours :: 15 minutes ratio may be slightly exaggerated, but not by much!

Also, the graphics are good, but still not even Comparable to that of Gears of War. I would put it about equal to that of Call of Duty 4 or a tad bit better.

The game is fun when I actually get to play it, so hopefully the cutscenes happen less often throughout? How long did it take to beat?

MGS4 has a considerable amount of realism compared to Gears of War in the graphics department. Gears might look better to you cause of all the bump mapping, but it doesn't exactly look realistic. Metal Gear Solid is the most realistic game to date. And that ratio is pretty exaggerated, but if it seems like that to you now it will only get worse. Once the middle of the game hits it is mostly cutscenes.

For me I beat it in slightly less than 20 hours.

Ok, so maybe it was more like a 2 hour 30 minute :: 1 hour 30 minute ratio... but that is still WAY too many cutscenes.

I'm not sure by what you are referring as "realistic," but when it comes to just plain textures, ground, explosions, etc. Gears did it much better. I don't know how many times I looked at MGS4 already and said "Wow that wall looks like it is completely flat with only a few specs of dirt here and there" or "Hmmm.. am I walking on a flat sheet of glass that is meant to resemble sand?" and that is on a 32" 720p TV.

The graphics are pretty top notch for PS3 so far, but in terms or actual graphic quality and appeal, Gears did it best.

Also, what's up with the random cutscenes that consist of a TV commercial or other stupid stuff?

By "realism" I think Aaronkupen means that the realism of the faces, the people, etc. Facial features, lip syncing, emotions and the like. You could have the best looking terrain in the world, but in my opinion, I'm not playing MGS4 to look at the scenery. I'm playing it to engage in the story and watch the characters as they interact with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom