LittleBigPlanet Owners thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronkupen

Fully Optimized
So I just picked up my copy today. Great game so far; I'm on the savanna level and I'm having a **** of a time getting the last sticker (I can see it, but I don't know what to do to get access to it). So far I've beaten each level up until savanna without dying and obtaining 100% item collection. Disappointed that the servers won't be activated until Tuesday, and because of that I can't redeem my Kratos costume that I got from gamestop.

Did anyone else get the game yet?

Was there something up with this game? They pulled it form Target on release day for some sort of explicit material and I was getting calls about it all morning (I do help desk for them)?

There were a couple verses of the koran in a song, so they recalled all the games and delayed it a week. But some retailers, including gamestop started selling them once the new shipment was received.

WTF? What a lame excuse to pull a game from release, that makes no sense. How is that different from having Bible verse/Shinto prayer/etc. in a game? I thought maybe it was pr0nz :p

Well apparently Sony is a huge brand in the middle east, and according to Islam, stuff like that is offensive. So Sony did what they did.

The problem was that there were 2 lines for a middle eastern bible that offended people

"The confirmation follows rumours that that Singing Safari level of the game features a song with two expressions found in Islam's central holy text, the Qur'an. Cached pages on the official PlayStation forum claim that the two phrases are (literally translated from the original Arabic): "Every soul shall have the taste of death" and "All that is on earth will perish."

technically i should be an owner, i pre-ordered on oct 11, now its out of stock, i should have got it last week but due to the Islamic reference issue everything's pushed back one week

I suppose we should get this back on topic. I don't own the game but it looks interesting. What's the gameplay, etc. like?

It's like a Mario style platformer but you play as a little sackman. The main hype around this game is that anyone with the game can design their own levels and post them on the PSN for everyone to download and play making the lasting appeal extremely long. It only comes out Nov. 6 in Canada... I've been waiting for this since I got my PS3.

It's like a Mario style platformer but you play as a little sackman. The main hype around this game is that anyone with the game can design their own levels and post them on the PSN for everyone to download and play making the lasting appeal extremely long. It only comes out Nov. 6 in Canada... I've been waiting for this since I got my PS3.

not sackman, but sackboy AND sackgirl :) waiting for my Nariko costume lol
And no its already out for Canada, since last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom