Intel Will Design PlayStation 4 GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slide_scaling.jpg

Larrabee will compete with high end cards.

ohh yeah. so this is going to be released for PC's first than for the PS4?

They did it once before, the i740. It was the basis for all the crappy Intel igps we have had since. This is completely different however. It should really rock.

I don't see why intel would make a gpu for a next generation game console.. they can't even make an onboard gpu that is comparable to a dedicated from 5 years ago...

:Edit: Just read the article, i can see why they chose intel..

48 cores to play a game at those resolutions...yea, i'm sure this will compete. especially since most high end cards (gtx 260/280...4870) have 200+ cores

48 cores to play a game at those resolutions...yea, i'm sure this will compete. especially since most high end cards (gtx 260/280...4870) have 200+ cores

True but the cores in Larrabee are closer to full Cpus than the SPs in a Video card. The power of one of Larrabee's cores equals many stream processors.

If the Larabee is already in development now and is looking good, and they still have THREE years until the PS4, I think it will be very effective. Obviously they're not going to put something in that's worse than the last generation, it's going to be a big improvement. With the amount of money they invest in a new console, I think they've done their research...

True but the cores in Larrabee are closer to full Cpus than the SPs in a Video card. The power of one of Larrabee's cores equals many stream processors.

I don't know how you are replying, but i didn't mean what i said in a sarcastic way...So sorry if you thought i did. I was meaning that the 48cores in it > 200+ cores in current cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom