I went to turn on my ps3 today and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
it didn't :(

It is 13 months old. Will they charge me for a repair/refurbished replacement? Will I get the same model? I have a backwards compatible 80GB and I want to retain my backwards compatibility. Crap, I'm going to lose all my data.

I've tried it in multiple places. Do you think if I tell them it broke around thanksgiving they won't charge me 150 for the repair/replacement since there is a one year warranty? It is bs really. The xbox consoles get a whole 3 years of coverage.

You mean different power cord? I don't have another ps3 power cord. I tested out the one I have using a meter, and it seems to be working fine.

Not even the red light turns green? No fans come on or anything? Most likely the power unit in the PS3 is gone. Even their 1 year limited warranty doesn't cover anything to do with power.

What is a walmart switch-a-roo? I didn't buy this from walmart.

It's the illegal action of buying a new PS3 from Wal-Mart, putting your old PS3 in the box, then taking it back and say it broke and you want a refund. The only problem is this won't work for him because he wants to keep his Back Compat. which the new models don't have.

Sorry it wont work. Walmart scans the Serial # no on every product. Which i think the PS3 has. So it wouldnt match the Serial # on the receipt when he tried to return it.

This is now forced upon them by the register system. Walmart got smart to scammers like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom