how much....

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea but does it work
the one in the psp is smaller in size so it may not work. plus im sure they coulda saved about 100 bucks if they made the psp out of cardboard or made it as big as a laptop so yeah theres a reason why people pay more for smaller. the psp has such a beautiful look why ruin it with some jutting out purple or blue memory stick

NewCents05 said:
yea but does it work
the one in the psp is smaller in size so it may not work. plus im sure they coulda saved about 100 bucks if they made the psp out of cardboard or made it as big as a laptop so yeah theres a reason why people pay more for smaller. the psp has such a beautiful look why ruin it with some jutting out purple or blue memory stick
Like I said, is a half a centimeter worth $50? Besides, if you get a complimentary or contrasting color, it will look fine anyway. I don't know about you guys but I work hard for my money. I can't see spending that much money on half a centimeter unless it did my damn laundry.

lol i dunno about you but most people with psps have backpacks and they go into the backpack. teens dont really care much for their backpack so a sticking out memory card could snap there for having to buy another one and over and over or save the trouble and buy a small one. psp is targeted toward the younger crowd and im sure every kid who has a psp brings it to school once in a while. with all those books in there and stuff. you could get a rock broken in there. and stop saying 50 buck difference ur comparing a 512mb to a 1 gig mb so times the price by 2 if you want and boom.

NewCents05 said:
lol i dunno about you but most people with psps have backpacks and they go into the backpack. teens dont really care much for their backpack so a sticking out memory card could snap there for having to buy another one and over and over or save the trouble and buy a small one. psp is targeted toward the younger crowd and im sure every kid who has a psp brings it to school once in a while. with all those books in there and stuff. you could get a rock broken in there. and stop saying 50 buck difference ur comparing a 512mb to a 1 gig mb so times the price by 2 if you want and boom.

Well, first off---if you don't take care of your stuff, you deserve to have it broken. The PSP is geared towards a younger audience, but if people want to save money they can buy a larger card.

And I think 512 is suitable---I don't have a PSP, but a gig of memory sounds like overkill in a PSP. I could be wrong about that. But even still---a gig for the larger Memory Stick is still just $80. I think it's stupid to pay more money if you know how to take care of your things, but that's just my opinion.

so i think 20 bucks more would be worth the smaller size and you wont have to worry about it breaking plus the memory stick is for music and pictures so im sure a gig will fill up fast.

The larger card won't fit in the PSP. You can get adapters that allow the MS DUO to fit into normal MS slots. The small DUO card fits entirely inside the adapter. Meaning the smaller one is thinner and slightly narrower than the large version and the large one would simply not go in the slot on the PSP. If you look around on other forums, people have created adapters that allow a large MS to be attached to the PSP. This allows you to use the large MS that can go up to 4GB. Yes, there is a reason for this because you can load video and music from your computer onto the PSP and make it into a PMP. At the same time, if a person were to use this adapter for the larger card, the adapter tapes the large card to the back of the PSP and desn't leave a very fragile card sticking out the side.

I picked this up off of the Memorystick.com website:
.http://www.memorystick.com/en/ms/features2.html

Designed specially for use in ultra-compact and wearable devices for mobile
applications. Adopting higher-density, multi-stack technology, Memory Stick PRO Duo media is about one-third the volume and half the weight of standard-size media, but offers all the advanced functions of Memory Stick PRO media.

By attaching an adaptor, the media can be used with almost all Memory Stick PRO compatible products.

* Make sure to use an adaptor when using Memory Stick Duo media in products compatible with standard-size Memory Stick media. Without the use of the adaptor, it may become difficult to remove the media from the slot.
* Some products equipped with a slot compatible with both standard and Duo-size media do not require the adaptor.

yea i did eagle boy was trying to argue to buy a longer memory stick which doesnt fit into the psp for like 10-20 dollars cheaper. and u had no say in this topic either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom