how can i use my hdd for ps2

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fast4u

Daemon Poster
i have a spare hdd and i want to set it up so i can use it as a memory card... i put it in but it doesn't reconize it... i think i heard i need like a hdloader cd or something... if thats true, can someone pm me a link for a torrent on it cause i dont wanna buy it... thanks..

you cant use an IDE hard drive for a PS2.

There was a limited-time thing where if you bought Final Fantasy, they threw in a 40GB HD with the game. I have seen a few hard drives hanging around, try Ebay.

ummm yes u can just not on the slim... thats why they have a network thing in the back for a hdd and the net.

yes there is a thing called hd loader, go google it i have an 80 gig hd with my ps2 slim right now, you run it through usb

2fast4u said:
i have a spare hdd and i want to set it up so i can use it as a memory card... i put it in but it doesn't reconize it... i think i heard i need like a hdloader cd or something... if thats true, can someone pm me a link for a torrent on it cause i dont wanna buy it... thanks..

HDLoader doesn't enable use of the HDD as a memory card. It installation of full games to the HDD so that you can run them without the game disc. Its main appeal is piracy, though some people use it so they can travel and bring a bunch of their games with them without packing a lot of discs.

HDD Utility Disc is the only software for North American systems to enable storage of saves on the HDD through the Browser, and it does a firmware scan on the hard drive so it will only detect a Sony HDD. Sony locked down their official software to do that firmware check, and they use custom firmware on their official HDD units so that you must pay the $100 US MSRP for their 50 GB 5400 RPM hard drive.

Homebrew software doesn't have to use an official hard drive, but it requires a modfiied system to use, or it has to be unofficially manufactured onto bootable discs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom