Hi Def tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonCrafter

Daemon Poster
I need some suggestions for a good hi def tv to hook my sons PS2 up to. Prefferably a 15-20 inch. Any ideas?

how much are you looking to spend? they have really cool ones at microcenter that they make the tv into like firetrucks or dogs or some animal. dunno how old your son is but whats your price range

I'm thinking $200-450 would be fine.

On the other hand, I've been reading that hooking a PS2 up to hi def isnt really worth the money. Any truth to that all?

High definition is a screen resolution of 720p (720 lines, progressive scan) or 1080i (1080 lines, interlaced). A PS2 is not capable of either of these.

The PS2 is capable of 480p (480 lines, progressive scan). Not all games output in 480p, most only output in 480i which is standard definition TV resolution.

480i and 480p are 640 x 480. The difference is one is interlaced and one is progressive scan.

yea progressive scan is the higher resolution of the 2 most high end new tvs have 1080p not i and the resolution is just pure amazing. sony has a 70in lcd like this but itll run you ONLY about 14grand lol rather buy a frickin car.

hooking up your ps2 to a high def will make a little difference but not much a hd lcd would be the best NEVER hook up your ps2 to a high def. projection tv. im dead serious you will have your game burned into the tv. so whenever your watching like some tv show youll be able to see what game you were playing in the background and it looks like ****. thats a workable price range for 15-20lcd look at newegg they have some good prices for lcd and small lcd tv have pretty cheap shipping.

Sony came out with a 50 and 60 inch rear projection LCD. Its their SXRD Technology tv.. It was supposed to be 1080p but because of rushed production they had to make it mock 1080p. 1080p sounds nice but its not worth the money shelling out extra cash to get. Nothing will come close to 1080p within the next couple of years. Samsung is also releasing a new 1080p DLP. But back to the main topic of the thread... If you want a HD t.v. you are going to have to shell out 200 - 400 bucks for an LCD HDTV. It wont be the higher end but stop in at a circuit city and check out their poloroids and magnavox. If you want a bigger screen... another option is just going with an EDTV and grabbing the norcent 20 inch. It delivers a remarkably good picture for an EDTV.

Thanks guys. After all has been said and done...................I think I'm just gonna hold off on getting a hi def for my son. He's not gonna notice enough of a difference to justify buying on. Thanks again though.

Hi-Definiton TV's are mostly over 1300 Pound which is $2,286.43 which is expensive.. HD are for TV and for gamers who have the Next Gen Consoles such as Xbox 360 as that performs 1080p lines... PS2 needs older teles as someone said earlier by teles now for like 50 quid which is $87 14inch probz any above 16 may cost 80 quid which is $140 routhly ... Good look buying your new TV... go for LCD ( Liquid Crystal Display they should work with PS2 my unkle got 1 ) But dont leave a image on them may put an image permanently on the screen!..

Technology These days.....

NvidiaDude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom